eoGEAR Rolltop RandoBag™ 8.2
This saddlebag is part of the eoGEAR RandoBag family — a modular system for the self-sufficient cyclist or randonneur. This bag features an easy-to-use roll-top “dry bag style” opening with one large compartment and two side pockets. Standard color is black with gray sides. Other colors by request. It must be used with an eoGEAR saddle bracket or handlebar adapter.
- The bag is very compressible — once you have removed a lot of the contents, i.e. clothing (i.e. night riding), the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don't rattle around, similar to an internal-frame backpack.
- Two exterior pockets: one mesh pocket which is large enough for a bike bottle. Zippered 3D pocket on the other side.
- It is constructed of a combination of 6.5 oz. 420-denier Nylon Diamond Ripstop and 420D pack cloth. Both have a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags.
- The pocket uses heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper
- Gray-colored webbing used for the compression strap for easy of use in dim light
- RandoBags use the exclusive eoGEAR DTS attachment method (Dual Tab System — two strong Velcro straps that double over each other). The bracket, which the bags attach to is also MOLLE compatible.
- Reflective tape on the sides and rear of the bag
- Webbing loops for attaching an optional shoulder strap.
- Click on photos for more details and explanation of features
- All “L” brackets now include an extra pair of “back up or insurance” screws & washers
- Also visit the owners personal blog page for the design background of why he created this series of bags
- We have two styles of saddle brackets that this bag attach to:
- The Dual-mount series are quick to add and remove as they use two Velcro straps & a quick-release seatpost clamp (made by SKS Germany). They attach to nearly every style of saddle and round seatpost. They will not attach to an oval seatpost however. The Dual-mount brackets hold the bag at an angle, providing a little more “above the tire” clearance than most L styles.
- The “L” series, on the other hand, are more time consuming to attach, as they bolt onto the rails of the saddle. However, extra bags or gear can mount forward, slightly underneath your saddle when using an “L” style bracket. The bags are held vertical making access to the inside of the bag somewhat easier.
- This bag also mounts to handlebars with the optional 2354 Deluxe Handlebar Adapter (the 2351 Handlebar Strap Kit will not work with this bag unless you remove all the straps).
Saddle & Frame Compatibility
Our L brackets mount to the seat rails of most saddles, however Brooks and Selle An-Atomica ALSO require a special “2311 Wide Rail Adapter” when used with an “L” bracket. See the bottom half of this page for other exceptions.
To determine which saddle bracket is best for your size bike frame, visit this page. Frames smaller than 56cm may not work with this saddlebag system as the bag may rub on the rear wheel.
Rants & Raves
“Thanks for a terrific product! Finally a bag system that holds as much stuff as a rack, but without the rack! I really like that the bag doesn't rub against my thighs, even though I mount the bag on the front of the board.” (D.W. from Davis, Calif., Sept. 2011 regarding the 6.8 bag).
Weight (empty bag w/o bracket): 366 g (13.0 oz.)
Weight with a 2316 Standard Dual-mount Bracket: 586 g (20.8 oz.)
Weight with a 2314 Standard L Bracket: 537 g (20.1 oz.)
The internal framesheet is held in place with Velcro and can be removed for a weight savings of 41 g (1.5 oz.).
Volume: 7.7 liters for the main compartment plus .5 liter for the zippered pocket = 8.2 liters, hence the product name “8.2.” That is with two full folds on the top extension sleeve. By folding it only once or no folds at all, you can gain almost another liter of volume. The mesh pocket holds about 700ml of volume and is not part of this calculation.
Bag Dimensions (HxWxD): 39* x 17 x 12.5cm (15.3* x 6.7 x 5.0") excluding the outside pocket. *With the top rolled over twice.
Attachment method of bags to bracket: eoGEAR DTS (Dual Tab System)
eoGEAR SKU # 2282
Designed and Crafted in the USA