eoGEAR Rolltop SeatBag™ 10.0
Up to 40% Off on Prototypes, Very Limited Quantities
The final version of this bag is set to release in June or July of 2019. Meanwhile we are selling off the prototypes for this bag. They are first quality, covered under our warranty and are returnable within 60 days if it doesn’t work for you.
This bag is very similar to the Rolltop SeatBag™ 9.0 except:
- It is designed to provide more clearance above the rear tire, thus working with smaller bicycle frames.
- It has slightly more volume (10.0 L vs. 9 L for the 9.0).
- It has more stable attachment system.
Over time, this model will replace the 9.0 bag.
This bag is part of the eoGEAR SeatBag family — a system for the self-sufficient cyclist or randonneur. It features an easy-to-use roll-top “dry bag style” opening with one large compartment and three additional outside pockets. The available colors are black with gray accent side panels or black with red accent. Other colors by request for an additional fee. Unlike the eoGEAR RandoBags, this bag does not require a separate saddle bracket or adapter as the necessary hardware is already attached.
- The bag is very compressible — on some rides you need to add or remove layers of clothing (i.e. swing season rides or night riding) and the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don’t rattle around, similar to an internal-frame backpack.
- Three pockets: two mesh side pockets and a zippered pocket in the middle of bag. It uses heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper.
- There are two locations with D-rings for attaching additional gear or apparel. One pair is on top near the saddle and another set is on the rear zippered pocket.
- The rear of the bag accepts the Piggy-back Pocket 2.5 (for more capacity) and/or a Reflective Triangle (though because of the angle of this bag the latter is not effective).
- The bag attaches in three places: first, around the seatpost with a German-made “SKS Anywhere Adapter” Velcro-style strap (it has no moving parts to fail), and then secondarily to the rails of the saddle with two nylon straps. The bag attaches to either Brooks or Rivet-brand leather saddles, or most tech/racing saddles, without additional parts. It is designed to work on either round or slightly oval posts. We have yet to test this on very narrow aero seatposts.
- The bag is reinforced with a stiff HDPE framesheet, supplemented by a small piece of 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum. This design greatly minimizes the side-to-side sway that is often seen on other large saddle mounted bags, especially when one stands up to pedal.
- It is constructed of a combination of 6.5 oz. 420-denier Nylon Diamond Ripstop and 420D pack cloth. Both have a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags.
- Gray-colored webbing used for the compression strap for easy of use in dim light.
- Reflective tape on the sides and rear of the bag.
- Also visit the owners personal blog page for the design background of why he created this series of bags
1) The back (label-side) of the bag has four attachment points for attaching the eoGEAR Piggy-back Pocket 2.5. This will enable you to carry another 2.5 liters of gear. (But it will hang out a little more, so you will have less clearance above your rear tire.)
2) An Equinox Horizontal Pack Pocket can be attached on the front side of the bag yielding about a liter of storage space: ideal for crushable items like a pair of glasses, an extra tube or a very lightweight vest.
Rear Tire Clearance & The Compression Kit
For prototypes version 1.0 & 2.0, you must have at least 18cm (7") from the top of your rear tire (or fender) to the bottom rails of your saddle, unless you opt to use the Compression Kit (it reduces the volume of the bag by about 1.5–2 liters). Then, you can use this bag with only 13.5cm (5-1/2") of clearance. See this page for more info on tire clearance of various saddle bags. The final production models of this bag will have the compression straps built in and will require 10.5cm (4-1/8") of clearance.
Note: when attaching the Piggy-back Pocket 2.5, your clearance will be decreased by at least an inch or two.
Please see the fourth photo on this page or view our instructional videos (links at the bottom of this page) to learn about how the Compression Kit installs. It is composed of two 25mm/1" Duraflex SlikClips (aka buckle) & a Medium D-ring Strap. You can use the clips or the strap independently, or to obtain the most clearance, use them both.
When attaching the bag to your bike, first attach the clamp/strap to the seatpost and wrap it around twice. Be sure that it has LOT of tension on it. About half the weight of the bag should be on the seatpost. This adapter is made from Delrin...it looks like plastic and has a rubber lining, so it can’t damage carbon-fiber posts. I have used it on three of my road bikes, all of which have carbon-fiber post for several years now...no problem.
Scroll down the bottom of this page for links to out instructional videos.
Rants & Raves
“Thanks for a terrific product! Finally a bag system that holds as much stuff as a rack, but without the rack! I really like that the bag doesn’t rub against my thighs, even though I mount the bag on the front of the board.” (D.W. from Davis, Calif., Sept. 2011 regarding the RandoBag 6.8).
Specifications & Instructions
Weight: 453 g (16.0 oz.)
Total volume of the prototypes: 10.0 liters or 610 cu in. The volume of main compartment is 9.5 liters w/ 2 folds on top; the zippered pocket adds .5 liter. The volume of the bag is based on folding or rolling the top of the bag twice—you can only roll it once and/or clip the top two buckles together like a dry bag (and then connect the side straps to themselves in front of the bag, in which case you can gain about another liter or so of volume.
Bag dimensions (approx. HxWxD): 44* x 19 x 12.75cm (17.3* x 7.5 x 5.0"). *With the top rolled over twice.
Installation YouTube Video (part 1, for prototype versions only)
Installation YouTube Video (part 2, for prototype versions only))
Prototype SKU # 3100-GIA (gray) or 3100-RIA (red)
Designed and Crafted in the USA