eoGEAR Rolltop SeatBag™ 12.0
Our first bikepacking-specific bag! This saddlebag is part of the eoGEAR SeatBag family — a saddle-mounted bag for the self-sufficient bikepacker or roadie. It is our largest bike bag featuring an easy-to-use roll-top “dry bag style” opening with one large compartment. Currently available only in a black and gray. Custom colors available upon request.
Several features set this bag apart from others:
- Saddle Rail Bar (SRB) feature. We use a small piece of aircraft aluminum (6061-T6) combined with some pieces of strong nylon webbing and Velcro for securing the bag to the rails of your saddle. No separate bracket is required.
- Gussets on the side panels to facilitate easier rolling up the bag.
- E-Z one Y-strap closing system on the rear of the bag.
- Reflective tape on the sides and rear for roadie use.
- Bottom webbing “skid plate.” Extra insurance, in the event the bag rubs onto your rear tire.
- eoGEAR Dual Tab System (DTS, MOLLE compatible) — webbing slots for attaching or “piggy-backing” smaller pouches onto either side or the top of this bag for more capacity and to aid in organizing your gear (photos coming!)
- Attaches to nearly all saddles without the need for a separate bracket.
- The bag is very compressible — once you have removed a lot of the contents, i.e. clothing (i.e. night riding), the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don't rattle around.
- Constructed of a combination of 1000-denier, 6.5 oz. 420-denier Nylon Diamond Ripstop and 400D pack cloth. All have a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags.
- Silver-colored webbing used for the compression strap for easy of use in dim light
- Also visit the owners personal blog page for the design background of why he created this series of bags
Saddle & Frame Compatibility
You will need 24cm (9-1/2") of clearance from the bottom of your saddle rails to the top of your rear tire. See eogear.com/fit for details.
Weight: 446 g (15.7 oz.)
Volume: 12 liters (730 cu in) with the the ends rolled or folded twice.
Bag Dimensions (HxWxD): coming
Bag attaches to two points on your bike: 1) Saddle, Rail Rebar Attachment (RRA) system & 2) Seatpost: 50mm (2") Velcro/webbing around the seatpost, layered with a sticky rubber-like fabric.
eoGEAR SKU # 3120-GIA
Designed and Crafted in the USA