eoGEAR Top Tube Brevet Bag
Version 2.0, Reintroduced!
This bag is similar to the original Brevet Bag, but is more ergonomically tapered. It is designed, just as the first version, to hold a U.S. brevet card in the zippered outside pocket. This version does not have an internal divider however as the original did (according to a survey, most owners of the 1.0 found it not to be a useful feature).
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, tandem*, recumbent*, gravel grinder or cross.
*Tandems may require a pair of extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
- Available in only color scheme: black with a dark gray accent.
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (most other manuf. use a smaller, less durable #4 or 5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- It will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- Closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
- Included is a Fold-over Poly Envelope (4916), which fits inside the outside zippered pocket.
- Because of the extraordinary height of this bag, it has an extra stabilizing feature: a piece of rubber-like fabric on the rear top tube strap.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps on this bag. You may want to pre-tape your top tube first.
- Shorter cyclists (~ < 5' 8") may find when they dismount that they catch their thigh or crotch on this bag.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive fuel container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Waterproof Wallet (# 4915)
- Top Tube Extension Straps for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
Will fit phones up to 183 x 95 mm (7.2 x 3.75") or larger in size. These specs are for the Large Century Bag, which is a tad smaller than this bag.
- Samsung Galaxy up to S5 and Note 4 with a “jumbo-sized” case
- iPhone 6+, 7+ or 8+ with most large cases, like an Otterbox Defender box
For smaller smart phones (i.e. iPhone 5, 6 or 7 and the X) choose the Medium Century Bag instead (# 2006).
This bag will fit smaller handguns that measure from the barrel to the bottom of the handgrip (measuring diagonally) up to approx. 170mm (6.6") in length. A Glock 21 (45 auto), for example, is much too large for this bag.
Independent Product ReviewSee this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket which covers your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Specifications (approx., to be updated soon)
Weight: 111 g (3.9 oz.)
Volume: 1.1 L (68 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 11.5h x 19.5w x 4.4d cm (4.5h x 7.7w x1.75d").
Outside Dimensions: 13h x 20.5w x 4.7d cm (5h x .75w x1.85d")
This bag attaches to a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446).
eoGEAR SKU # 2009-G02
Designed and Crafted in USA