eoGEAR Large Century Bag
This “new” model is for iPhone 8+ or XS Max, iPhone 11 Pro Max & similar-sized Android smartphones with a modest-sized case.
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, gravel, cross, tandem*or recumbent*.
*Tandems of “bents” may require a pair of extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (unlike most other manufactures which use a smaller, less durable #4 or #5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- This bag will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Available in various colors
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- 3mm closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
Three new features!
- We made the shape more ergonomic as the main zipper is more angled for easier access to the main compartment of the bag.
- The stem strap has two adjustment heights.
- We added two pieces of Velcro to the side of the bag (next to the label) so the ends of the underneath straps have a place to stick.
In the spring of 2019 we introduced a variation of our most popular top tube bag, the Medium Century Bag. Overall, this new model is longer (measuring from the stem back towards the seatpost), and a little bit taller. Because the main zipper is angled more — it more ergonomic and easier to see inside. For the wacky Crazy Quilt color scheme, we take scraps of fabric, that otherwise might get tossed, and hand cut them for use in this bag (aka upcycling). The color mixtures are totally random as determined by our stitching crew (which happens to be prisoners at a sewing shop in the nearby Utah State Prison). This hand cutting does requiring more labor, hence the increased cost. For roadie use, we like the bright colors and increased visibility which most of these bags will provide!
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film or ISC so-called “helicopter” tape to your top tube.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive Fuel Container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Vinyl Wallet (# 4915)
- Use the Top Tube Extension Straps for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
Phone Compatibility, Large Size
- The maximum size smartphone, including the case, that will fit in this bag, is 168mm long x 87mm wide (6-5/8 x 3-3/8"). Otherwise, we recommend the Large Century Bag instead (SKU # 2008).
- This bag fits the following: all flip phones, iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X or Xs; Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case.* A regular-sized iPhone X with a slim case will barely fit in next to the Fuel Container. An iPhone 6+, 7+, 8+ or Xs Max with a “slim case”*, will also fit inside this bag when titled at a slight angle, but there is not room for the Fuel Container too.
*A slim or “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 8 to 10mm (up 3/8") to the total outside dimensions of a naked phone.
Independent Product Review
See this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, where one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Weight: 88 g (3.5 oz.)
Volume: 870 ml (50 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 10.5h x 20.0w x 4.4d cm (3.9h x 7.9w x 1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: 11.5h x 21.0w x 4.7d cm (4.5h x 8.25w x 1.85d")
These bags attaches to any top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you are using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446).
eoGEAR SKU # 2006-CQ3 (Crazy Quilt), 2006-G03 (gray), 2006-R03 (red), 2006-K03 (black), etc. Note that this product was previously listed as Medium Century Bag, version 3.0.
Designed and Crafted in USA