E584 — XX-Large Lens Pouch I
- This lens pouch is a lightweight alternative to our Long Lens Cases, which are designed to hold a lens and a body together. This case is lined with 10mm closed-cell foam. The bottom has a tough 12mm PolyCore™ insert, which is same material used in the side-walls of our PolyCore™ long lens cases.
- The E584 is for a Nikon 300/2.8 lens with the with the hood in the stowed position and with the leatherette cap in place. Also fits the Nikon 200-500/5.6 lens — the Kinesis E660 will also hold the 200-500, but with a little more slop in the fit.
- Although not confirmed, this case should fit the Canon 400/4 DO lens.
- The Y315 Shoulder strap is recommended for this pouch.
- Note: Because of the snug fit on this pouch, if you want to carry a 300/2.8 attached to a waist belt, then we recommend the E870 pouch instead.
The E584 is large enough to fit the Nikon 200-500/5.6 perfectly WITH the Lens Hood reversed and installed in the storage position AND with an Arca Swiss style lens plate (specifically a Really Right Stuff MPR-113 RAIL) attached, but without a camera body attached (Sept. 2015).
Double-wide allotment on belt.
11.5 x 5.1" dia I.D.*
Vol = 354 cu in
Weight = 9.8 oz.
29.5h x 13cm dia I.D.*
Vol = 5.8 lit
Weight = 280 g
The outside dimensions of this case are approximately 25mm (1") larger than the I.D.
*The I.D. is the maximum diameter of the front element and/or lens cover that will fit inside this bag without distorting it. A lens with a 15.2cm (6") diameter will fit, but it will bulge out the flat side of the pouch. The approx. circumference is 49cm (19.3") which measures the entire inside perimeter of the "D" shape of the case. It is larger than 3.14 times the diameter to allow extra room for the lens tripod foot.