A634 — Reporter’s Waist Pack
A minimally padded bag with numerous pockets and slots for mobile phone, sunglasses, lenses, camera bodies, business cards, coins, video tapes, checkbook, passport, airline ticket etc.
- A shoulder strap is not included, but the Y315 is recommended as a companion to this product.
- This bag was originally designed for non-optical items, but we had several requests from shooters who wanted to use it for stowing lenses and bodies, consequently, we started sewing in a piece of 10mm foam that covers the bottom and ends of the bag (version 2.0, April 2022). The front and back of the bag has a minimally-padded 3mm fabric (similar to some classic Domke bags). But the padding on the front and back does not offer the same protection as the Kinesis M330 or M550 multi-lens pouches.
Additionally, we offer dividers, which are moveable and removeable.
- The main zipper compartment uses a chemically-treated #8 YKK water-repellent zipper.
- The base model does not include interior dividers or a waist belt, but it fits on any Kinesis waistbelt or your own pants belt. No adapters are required. Check out the bundled kit here and save!
- To attach a monopod, consider a pair of Y301 Velcro-straps.
- Holds an iPad Mini or a analog Reporter’s Notebook.
- On the bottom of the pouch are several pairs of Uniloops which a Y204 strap(s) can be attached so you may secure extra gear like an umbrella or a GoreTex® jacket.
- If you want more stability while being worn on a Kinesis belt, consider the Y306 Compression Strap or the Y208 Quick-release Strap would work. The latter has an inline quick-release buckle so you can quickly release the tension and then rebuckle to tighten it.
Please note that this product is reasonably large and may not be suitable for people with a smaller build. (The overall width was;designed around the iconic Reporter’s Notebook and the height is determined by the height of a common US checkbook or a pair of sunglasses sitting vertically in;an outside pocket.);
Check out this 2021 review on Shutterbug.
KATS space occupied on a Kinesis belt: 2.5 modules or 200mm center to center.
The optional divider kit includes the following: two V055 Small Dividers (for putting between lenses) & one V025 Trap Door Divider (for stacking lenses or teleconverters).
7.5h x 11.75w x 4d" I.D.
Volume = 385 cu in
Weight = 10.5 oz
19h x 30w x 10d cm I.D.
Volume = 6.3 lit
Weight = 298 g
If you want a nice analog planner that fits perfectly in this bag, consider the Quo Vadis Space 24 (one week per spread) or the Moleskin Monthly Notebook (month per spread + tons of extra blank pages for notes etc.).
Designed and Crafted in USA of Domestic & Imported Parts