Okole Stuff — Discontinued By Us
- 6 oz. jar
- Okole (oh koh lay) is Hawaiian for the gluteus maximus region.
- Finally, an ointment that really works and stops the cringing feeling of getting back in the saddle, taking another stroke or pounding the pavement for one more second. With Okole Stuff you can put all your focus back into your riding, racing and training whether it's for one hour or 24 hours.
- Chamois ointment and skin protectant
- Lasts longer than any other ointment! Why? Being Paraffin and Lanolin based not water based like all the others, it stays above the skin where you need it.
- Also includes Allantoin, Tea Tree Oil, & Aloe which provides healing properties to keep you riding longer even if you have existing sores or chafing.
Question #1 Why Soft Paraffin, Lanolin & Mineral oil, they aren't natural?
Answer: First, you don't eat it (better not!), you put it down there! Second, you need lube down there that stays for the long haul. You don't want a water based product that disappears in no time! Most of the other top brands have water as their first ingredient, check it out! Would you put water on your chain for lube?
Our ingredients cost much more than water based ointments and they really work. That's why they're in there, we developed the product out of necessity for racing, not to make a buck off of cheap ingredients.
Question #2 Why Microcrystalline wax & Paraffin wax?
Answer: These waxes are used for stability and constancy
Question #3 Why Allantoin, Tea Tree Oil & Aloe?
Answer: All these ingredients have been shown to help keep the skin healthy.
For the past year (2010-2011), after struggling with some “hard to cure” saddle sores, I did a lot of research on finding the ultimate chamois creme. Andy Pruitt, in his book “Complete Medical Guide for Cyclists,” recommends a petroleum-based creme because it has more staying power. There are many new brands appearing on the market, most of which tout non-petroleum ingredients. For shorter events, this is OK, but for ultra-distances cycling, we need something that will stay on. After all, mothers have been using petro-based Vaseline on baby’s butts for years without any ill effects! Lanolin, which is a main ingredient in Lantaseptic products (often used by cyclists including myself), is also found in Okole Stuff — but Okole Stuff has added something Lantiseptic doesn’t have: extra healing ingredients.
I think this could very well be the ultimate “ultra chamois creme.”
As a side note, if you wish to carry a small quantity of this creme along on your ride, pick up our Personal Care Kit for transporting it in your saddlebag or jersey pocket.
Net weight: 170 g (6.0 oz.)
Ingredients: Soft Paraffin, Lanolin, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Paraffin Wax, Allantoin, Tea Tree Oil, & Aloe.
Made in the USA
eoGEAR SKU # 5932-006
Manufacturer’s Web Site