eoGEAR Large Century Bag
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, tandem*, recumbent*, gravel grinder or cross.
*Tandems may require a pair of extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (it opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external light battery packs). It will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Available in various colors
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- Closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
- Because of the larger size of this bag, we provide an additional stabilizing feature: a piece of Velcro on the rear, bottom side to keep the bag from rotating left and right. We provide you with a piece of adhesive hook, which you can adhere to the top side of your top tube—it matches up to the Velcro loop sewn to the bottom of the bag.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps on this bag. You may want to pre-tape your top tube first.
- Shorter cyclists (~ < 5' 8") may find when they dismount that they catch their thigh or crotch on this bag.
Now Available — Larger Version
Because many people are using big smartphones with protective cases like an Otterbox, it mandated we make the “Large” Century Bag even bigger. This new size (aka version 2.0) has replaced the current version (version 1.0), which will disappear as long as supplies last. Version 2.0 is 10mm (3/4") wider (measuring from the stem back towards the saddle) and 5mm (3/8") taller.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive fuel container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Waterproof Wallet (# 4915)
- Top Tube Extension Straps for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
This bag is designed for larger smart phones such as: iPhone 6+ with Otterbox Defender case or other jumbo size cases and Samsung Galaxy up to S5 and Note 4, all with a protective case. For smaller smart phones (i.e. iPhone 5 or 6) choose the Century Bag Deluxe instead (# 2006).
This bag will fit smaller handguns that measure from the barrel to the bottom of the handgrip (measuring diagonally) up to approx. 170mm (6.6") in length. A Glock 21 (45 auto), for example, is much too large for this bag.
Independent Product ReviewSee this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Specifications — Version 2.0
Weight: 111 g (3.9 oz.)
Volume: 1.1 L (68 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag): 11.5h x19.5w x 4.5d cm (4.5h x 7.7w x1.75d"). Fits a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger than typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446).
Will fit phones up to 183 x 95 mm (7.2 x 3.75") in size. If your phone is narrower than 95mm, then a taller phone will fit.
- Samsung Galaxy up to S5 and Note 4 with a “jumbo-sized” case
- iPhone 6+ or 7+ with most large cases, like an Otterbox Defender box
Specifications — Version 1.0 (slightly smaller; discontinued)
Weight: 101 g (3.6 oz.)
Volume: 1 L (61 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag): 11h x18.5w x 4.5d cm (4.3h x 7.25w x1.75d"). Fits a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger than typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446).
Will fit phones up to 173 x 85 mm (6.8 x 3.3") in size. If your phone is narrower than 95mm, then a taller phone will fit.
- Samsung Galaxy up to S5 and Note 4 with a “normal-sized” case
- iPhone 6+ or 7+ with a small case
eoGEAR SKU # 2008
Designed and Crafted in USA