Salt Lake Randonneurs (SLR) Event Registration
Membership in Bonneville Cycling Club (BCC) or Randonneurs USA (RUSA) is not required for brevets or populaires, but you are encouraged to join both. Salt Lake Randonneurs has no official membership as we are (for insurance purposes) a region of RUSA.
48-hour advance registration is appreciated, so I have time to prepare the personalized brevet cards and cue sheets. (Frequently, the night or two before an event, I will not be in my office and unable to prepare brevet cards for last minute registrants). If you wish register “at the door,” please bring a check or exact change and arrive 30 minutes early as you will need to fill out the long form wavier. Events will be held rain or shine, except on some early season event, which may be delayed due to cold and wet forecasted weather.
There are NO refunds, except on the 1000K brevet, which is refundable up to three weeks prior, minus a $10.00 fee.
Rules, route details and snail-mail waiver/registration forms are at the Salt Lake Randonneurs (SLR) site.
Any news (i.e. event delay or cancellation) related to the ride will be posted on our Facebook page (private group) and on our Google Groups e-mail list. Because of this, I highly recommend you join our group.
The reason there is a fee, even on the unsupported rides, is to pay for:
- Insurance &/or postage/handling fees of brevet cards.
- Reimbursement for mileage driving doing route research.
- Pre-ride fees. On longer brevets I sometimes will “pre-ride” them, requiring additional expenses like motel fees.
- “Food support” provided on supported brevets
- Note that those brevets that have no support cost less than those that are “minimally supported.” I usually ride with the group on the unsupported brevets, whereas on the supported brevets, I, or a volunteer (or paid person), will be doing some aid at select checkpoints and driving most of the route.
~ Richard Stum, Regional Brevet Administrator (RBA)