eoGEAR Fuel Box (for top tube bags)
- Small plastic container for holding nutrition inside a top tube bag
- Replenish calories while on the fly — no more attempting to open nutrition packages while riding!
- We are running low on version 1.0 as it as been discontinued. The Fuel Box 2.0 (wide) is too wide for the Small Century Bag and all other top tube bags except the newer style bags: Medium (3.0), Large (4.0) and the Bolt-on. The Fuel Box version 2.0 bulges out the newer top tube bags just a little, but works fine, as long as there are no thick items in any of the side pockets (like a battery pack) to interfere with your knee movement.
- Holds two packages of Clif Shot Bloks (6) or a nutrition bar broken into bite-size pieces or 6 or 7 Fig Newtons
- User tip: the box sits flatter inside a top tube bag when the lid is cut off at the hinge.
- FDA certification: 21 CFR 177.1520 (safe for food use)
On long rides, where I might be wearing a jacket, which covers my rear jersey pockets, it is nice to have a convenient spot to have accessible food. Also, I typically just cut off the hinged lid so it will fit better inside a top tube bag (but I keep it close by to use at the end of a day to keep the contents from drying out).
Specifications (for version 1.0)
Weight: 28 g (1.0 oz.)
Capacity: 200 ml (7 oz.)
Outside dimensions of rim of lid: 112 L x 55 W x 45mm tall (4-3/8 x 2-1/16 x 1-3/4" tall)
Version 2.0 is about the same size as the 1.0, but wider, at 70mm
Made in Germany
eoGEAR SKU # 2451-F01 or 2451-F02