Standard-weight “Black Belt”
Our standard-weight padded belt & most popular model.
- Made from a 6mm (1/4") dense closed-cell foam and is 9cm (3-1/2") high. The foam does not absorb moisture.
- Uses a tough 50mm (2") wide buckle that is dual-adjustable — you can adjust with either left or right hand.
- Conically cut (curved like a banana), providing a good fit for both women and men.
- Inside surface of our belt utilizes SuperKnit, a soft breathable foam-backed knit fabric. The outer surface is made of 500-denier DuPont Cordura® Plus nylon fabric.
- Kinesis belts fit over streetwear, including your pants belt.
- Belts are cut with extra webbing for use over winter apparel.
- All belts include a pair of Acetal (plastic looking) Strap Keepers which helps keep the loose end of the belt webbing tidy. As of September of 2023, we are no longer including the B501 Metal Sliders with every belt, but they can be ordered separately.
Starting in the summer of 2022, we started to manufacture our belts without the vertical “Uniloops” on them, since all current KInesis products do not require it (older products utilized the TwinBuckle system). See this page for photos.
Order the same size as your pants waistband. Kinesis belts are sized to fit over normal street wear, including a regular pants belt. Since we provide an extra webbing “tail,” the belt will fit a larger waists or can be used effectively over winter apparel.
Always get the largest belt you can fit into, as it will provide you with more attachment points, however if you are borderline between two sizes, get the smaller size as the belts can go larger, but they cannot cinch down much past the recommended size.
For women — keep in mind the measurements are for your natural waist or narrow point above your hips. This is much higher than where most women wear their pants these days. If you plan to wear your Kinesis belt lower on your waist or hips, measure that area accordingly. (It may mean going up a size.)
As stated below for the large: “Optimum fit for 34-38 waist, (fits up to 50"),” means that the padded portion of the belt will wrap around the majority of your waist if you are in the 34 to 38-inch range. Since we provide an extra webbing “tail,” the belt will fit a larger sizes — the padding just won't surround your waist. Also, this long tail enables the belts to be used effectively over winter apparel.
B106 Small – Optimum fit for 24-28" (61-73cm) waist. Fits up to 42" (107cm). Has ten attachment slots* or room for five single-wide pouches or two to three double-wide pouches. The foam padded or fabric portion of the belt is 28" (71cm).
B107 Medium – Optimum fit for 29-33" (74-86cm) waist. Fits up to 46" (117cm) Has 12 attachment slots* or room for six double-wide pouches. The foam padded or fabric portion of the belt is 31.5" (80cm).
B108 Large – Optimum fit for 34-38" (87-99cm) waist. Fits up to 50" (127cm) Has 14 attachment slots* or room for seven single-wide pouches or seven double-wide pouches. The foam padded or fabric portion of the belt is 35" (90cm).
B109 X-Large – Optimum fit for 39-47" (100-122cm) waist. Fits up to 54" (137cm) Has 18 attachment slots* or room for nine double-wide pouches. The foam padded or fabric portion of the belt is 39.75" (101cm).
B111 XX-Large – Optimum fit for 48-54" (123-137cm) waist. Fits up to 64" (162cm) Has 22 attachment slots* or room for 11 double-wide pouches. The foam padded or fabric portion of the belt is 47.7" (121cm).
*See “Modularity is the Key” on this page for explanation of pouch widths.
Arctic Conditions: Quality buckles are made from either Nylon or acetal (Delrin®). We use a Nylon/Acetal combination for our belts because at normal temperatures it is stronger & more impact resistant than 100% acetal. Nylon, however, may not be suitable for high humidity (white water rafting, kayaking or canoeing) or extreme sub zero (-20ºF or less) temperatures. Special order belts with substitute acetal buckles are available at no additional cost.
HIgh Crime Areas: The B516 is a small Velcro add-on strap to (hopefully) prevent slash & grab of your belt while being worn.