eoGEAR Top Tube Brevet Bag
Reintroduced, version 2.0 ~ Our largest top tube bag.
This bag is similar to the original Brevet Bag, but is more ergonomically tapered. It is designed, just as the first version, to hold a U.S. brevet card in the zippered outside pocket. This version does not have an internal divider however as the original did (according to a survey, most owners of the original version found it not to be a useful feature).
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, tandem*, recumbent*, gravel grinder or cross.
*Tandems may require a pair of extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
- Available in only color scheme: black with a dark gray accent.
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (most other manuf. use a smaller, less durable #4 or 5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- It will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- Closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
- Included is a Fold-over Poly Envelope (4916), which fits inside the outside zippered pocket.
- Because of the extraordinary height of this bag, it has an extra stabilizing feature: a piece of rubber-like fabric on the rear top tube strap.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film or ISC so-called “helicopter” tape to your top tube.
- Shorter cyclists (~ < 5' 8") may find when they dismount that they catch their thigh or crotch on this bag.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive fuel container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Waterproof Wallet (# 4915)
- Top Tube Extension Straps for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
This bag will fit phones up to 183 x 95 mm (7.2 x 3.75" or slightly larger) in size. These specs are for the Large Century Bag, which is a tad smaller than this bag.
- Samsung Galaxy up to S5 and Note 4 with a “jumbo-sized” case
- iPhone 6+, 7+ or 8+ with most large cases, like an Otterbox Defender box
For smaller smart phones (i.e. iPhone 5, 6 or 7 and the X) choose the Medium Century Bag instead (# 2006).
This bag will fit smaller handguns that measure from the barrel to the bottom of the handgrip (measuring diagonally) up to approx. 170mm (6.6") in length. A Glock 21 (45 auto), for example, is much too large for this bag.
Independent Product ReviewSee this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
Brevet Cards & The Brevet Bag
The current version of the X-Large Century Bag is almost as tall as the Brevet Bag, but the outside pocket is a tad short to hold a brevet card. This model, on the other hand, is specifically designed to hold a brevet card, inside an eoGEAR Fold-over Poly Envelope (which we sell, SKU # 4916).
On longer brevets or double-centuries, one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket which covers your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Weight: 127 g (4.5 oz.)
Volume: 1.3 L (79 cu in), with the sides of the bag slightly bulged out
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 12.7h x 21.5w x 4.4d cm (5h x 8.5w x1.75d"). Note, this bag is slightly wider at the front increasing the depth to about 5.0cm).
Outside Dimensions: 13.2h x 22.0w x 5d cm (5.3h x .875w x 2d")
This bag attaches to a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446).
eoGEAR SKU # 2009-G02
Designed and Crafted in USA