This handlebar bag is part of the eoGEAR RandoBag™ family — a system for the self-sufficient cyclist or randonneur. This bag is modular and will attach to either the handlebars (this page) or to the saddle with appropriate adapters.
- The recommended kit for handlebar use comes assembled with the 6.8 bag, a eoGEAR Clamp-on Handlebar Bracket (2323) and two padded dividers (2455). You can opt to use the SoftSide Handlebar Adapter (2354), but unlike the Clamp-on, the bag will pivot or swing underneath the stem making access difficult. But, the SoftSide is lighter in weight than the Clamp-on.
- The bag has a built-in a U-shaped internal Polyethylene framesheet to provide rigidity to the bag and to prevent the bag from dragging on your rear wheel. It is removable too. Two optional padded dividers are also available.
- The bag is slightly compressible, so when you are wearing much of clothing (i.e. night riding), the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don't rattle around similar in function to a mountaineering backpack.
- Various pockets are specifically designed to hold a US Brevet card (4.25"x5.5").
- Secondary exterior mesh pockets on sides of bag which are (barely) large enough for a bike bottle.
- Exterior of bag constructed of a combination of rugged 420-denier Ripstop or 400-denier nylon fabric (with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- Main compartment uses heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper
- RandoBags use the exclusive eoGEAR DTS attachment method (Dual Tab System — two strong Velcro straps that double over each other). The bracket, which the bags attach to, is also MOLLE compatible.
- This bag is currently available in one color scheme, which is all black. (The black and gray version shown in some of the photos has been discontinued).
- The back of the bag has two webbing loops on the rear for attaching a shoulder strap for off-bike use.
- Click on photos for more details and explanation of features.
Rants & Raves (saddle-mounted version)
“Thanks for a terrific product! Finally a bag system that holds as much stuff as a rack, but without the rack! I really like that the bag doesn't rub against my thighs, even though I mount the bag on the front of the board.” (D.W. from Davis, Calif., Sept. 2011).
Cautionary Notes for GPS or Light Use
Most handlebar bags (especially the Clamp-on Handlebar Adapter) block use of an “out front” GPS, so consider relocating it onto the stem (see the last series of photos on this page).
Nearly all handlebar bags block the use of handle-bar mounted lights. Consider mounting your light below the bag on the fork (best) or above the bag on a stem accessory like the Delta Computer Caddy (see the last series of photos on this page).
Instructional Video (clamp-on)
Weight: 650g (1 lb. 7 oz.) with Clamp-on Handlebar Bracket & two dividers
Weight: 480g (16.9 oz.) with SoftSide Handlebar Adapter & two dividers
Volume: 6.8 liters (415 cu in) including the 1.3-liter pocket
Typical loaded weight of bag: 2.7 kg (6 lbs)
Bag Dimensions (HxWxD): 20 x 24 x 11.5cm (7.9 x 9.5 x 4.5") excluding the outside pocket, which is 13.5 x 24 x 5cm (5.3 x 9.5 x 2")
Clearance required (measure from the center of the handlebar to the top of your front tire or fender...allow for any suspension compression)—
Using the SoftSide Adapter: 17cm (6-¾")
Using the Clamp-on Bracket: 15cm (5-¾") when the bag is attached to the upper position of the bracket, or 18cm (7-⅛") when the bag is attached to the lower position (slightly more stable).
The fabric of this bag is waterproof, but due to stitching the bags, water may seep through the seams. We recommend using an internal dry bag for keeping critical items dry.
eoGEAR SKUs which include an adapter or bracket: # 3468-CLA (Clamp-on) or # 3468-SOF (SoftSide) or 2268-K00 (no bracket).
Designed and Crafted in the USA