eoGEAR Saddle Nose Cover
A small strap set for use to prevent soft tissue soreness from the edges of the slots of many leather saddles.
- The Universal model fits a Rivet Independence or Diablo saddles. It also fits most leather Selle Anatomica saddles like the X2 series.
- The Pearl only fits that Rivet model (it has a larger circumference than the others)
- Thin nylon webbing which Velcro’s to the nose of the saddle, covering up the slots on the front portion of saddles
- It is composed of two straps which are sewn together. See photo descriptions for more details on how to install it.
- Both straps (which are sewn together as one piece) attach using Velcro on the underneath side.
- Additionally, we recommend skiving (sanding or trimming with a sharp blade) the edges of slot and outer edges of the leather to prevent them from digging into your soft tissue or skin.
- This product is designed to work in conjunction with the eoGEAR Selle Anatomic Compression Strap, version 2 (SKU # 6530).
Why This Strap?During the spring and summer of 2013 I demoed the Rivet Independence saddle and found my sit bones were in hog heaven — but on longer rides, 150 miles or longer (300km), I found that my soft tissue area was not so comfortable. I use aerobars, and on some rides, use them frequently. I ride a lot ot ride in very small groups it seems (not by choice). I made up a prototype and used it on a 400km brevet (250 miles) and found I was more comfortable with, than without this add-on.
Constructed of two 38mm (1-1/2") wide nylon webbing, measuring only .40mm thick, or about the same thickness as two layers of electrical tape.
Custom-made in the U.S. by eoGEAR
eoGEAR SKU # 6547-UNV (formerly # 6547-IND)
eoGEAR SKU # 6547-PEA