eoGEAR MTB / Ellip Top Tube Bag
This top tube bag was specifically designed to attach to elliptical or stand-up bikes like the ElliptiGO*, Cyclete and most mountain bikes. It will also attach to some recumbent bikes.
This bag is similar in size to our popular Large Century Bag, except we reversed the angle on the end of the bag that faces the stem or handlebars to accommodate the angle of the stem on these bikes, as they are radically different from conventional road bikes. We also made this bag a tad wider since knee clearance is less of an issue here (most mountain bikes have a wider Z-factor or spacing between the pedals compared to road bikes).
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (most other manuf. use a smaller, less durable #4 or 5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- It will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time). These straps have a silicone backing that keeps them slipping.
- Currently available in one color scheme: black with a dark gray accents
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- Closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film, ISC so-called “helicopter” tape or clear packaging tape to your top tube.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive fuel container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Waterproof Wallet (# 4915)
- The maximum size smartphone, including the case, that will fit in this bag, is 168mm long x 87mm wide (6-5/8 x 3-3/8"). Otherwise, we recommend the Large Century Bag instead (SKU # 2008).
- This bag fits the following: all flip phones, iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, X or Xs; Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case.* A regular-sized iPhone X with a slim case will barely fit in next to the Fuel Container. An iPhone 6+, 7+, 8+ or Xs Max with a “slim case”*, will also fit inside this bag when tilted at a slight angle, but there is not room for the Fuel Container too.
*A slim or “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 8 to 10mm (up 3/8") to the total outside dimensions of a naked phone.
Product ReviewSee this review from Bicycle Times magazine for one of our earlier top tube bags.
Weight: 118 g (4.2 oz.)
Volume: 1.3 L (79 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 11.0h x 19.0w x 5.5d cm (4.3h x 7.5w x2.125d").
Outside Dimensions (overall width): 12.5h x 23.0w x 6d cm (5h x 9.0w x2.35d")
*Bottom Straps: this bag was sized specifically to work with the both the ElliptiGO Long Stride and “Stand Up” series bikes and the bottom straps are very long compared to our other top tube bags. The front strap (i.e. the side near the “e” on eoGEAR) will attach to a top tube with a circumference up to 14.5" (37cm); the back strap will fit up to 10.5" (27cm).
If you need more length, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446).
eoGEAR SKU # 2012-G01
Designed and Crafted in USA