eoGEAR Zippered RandoBag 6.8
This saddlebag is part of the eoGEAR RandoBag family — a system for the self-sufficient cyclist or randonneur. To use this bag as a handlebar bag, order it with a handlebar adapter.
- U-shaped internal Polyethylene framesheet to provide rigidity to the bag and to prevent the bag from dragging on your rear wheel. It is removable too. Two optional padded dividers are also available.
- It attaches to any of our saddle brackets, but we recommend an L-Bracket because it will hold the bag in a more upright position. (Most Brooks, all Rivets or Selle An-Anatomica require a 2311 “Wide Rail Adapter” when used with a L-bracket.)
- Attaches to the handlebars of your bike instead of a saddle (search for SKU 3468 which includes a handlebar bracket or add the 2323 Clamp-on Handlebar Bracket to your order).
- The bag is slightly compressible, so when you are wearing much of clothing (i.e. night riding), the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don't rattle around.
- Various pockets are specifically designed to hold a US Brevet card (4.25"x5.5"). Also holds US auto road maps folded in half.
- Secondary exterior mesh pockets on side of bag — large enough for a bike bottle
- Exterior of bag constructed of a combination of rugged 420-denier Ripstop or 400-denier nylon fabric (with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- Main compartment uses heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper
- RandoBags use the exclusive eoGEAR DTS attachment method (Dual Tab System — two strong Velcro straps that double over each other). The bracket, which the bags attach to is also MOLLE compatible.
- Bag is currently available in one color scheme, which is all black. (The black and gray version shown in some of the photos has been discontinued).
- Bag has two webbing loops on the rear for attaching a shoulder strap for off-bike use.
- Click on photos for more details and explanation of features.
- Also visit my blog page for the design background of why I created this series of bags.
- All “L” brackets now include an extra pair of “back up or insurance” screws & washers
- We have two styles of brackets that our seat bag hangs from, however, because the Dual-mount brackets tilt the bag at an angle, we don’t recommend them for use with this bag because the outside pocket is not very accessible with that bracket style. Because of that, we typically only sell the 6.8 bag with the “L” style brackets.
New Feature (Feb 2016)
The 6.8 bag how has a HDPE framesheet that is inserted into the bag. It is removable (Velcro) for cleaning or to save weight. It provides shape to the bag and allows the use of two optional padded dividers to be used too (SKU # 2455). The dividers can be removed and can be placed anywhere inside the bag. The framesheet prevents the bag from sagging when there is little inside it, thus reducing the possibility or rubbing against your rear tire.
Saddle & Frame Compatibility
Our brackets mount to the seat rails of most saddles, however Brooks and Selle An-Atomica ALSO require a special “2311 Wide Rail Adapter.” See the bottom half of this page for other exceptions.
To determine which saddle bracket is best for your size bike frame, visit this page. Frames smaller than 56cm may not work with this saddlebag system as the bag may rub on the rear wheel.
Rants & Raves
“Thanks for a terrific product! Finally a bag system that holds as much stuff as a rack, but without the rack! I really like that the bag doesn't rub against my thighs, even though I mount the bag on the front of the board.” (D.W. from Davis, Calif., Sept. 2011).
Weight (bag only w/o dividers or bracket): 392 g (13.8 oz). 593 g (1 lb. 4.9 oz.) with the 2314 Standard L-Bracket (for saddle use)
Volume: 6.8 liters (415 cu in) including the 1.3 liter pocket
Typical loaded weight of bag: 2.7 kg (6 lbs), though the brackets should easily handle twice that weight
Bag Dimensions (HxWxD): 20 x 24 x 11.5cm (7.9 x 9.5 x 4.5") excluding the outside pocket, which is 13.5 x 24 x 5cm (5.3 x 9.5 x 2")
Bag includes: One webbing (silver color, easier to find in dim light) compression strap, two 20mm x 350mm gear accessory straps and one 20mm x 750mm compression strap (primarily for those with smaller bikes as it helps lift up the bag from rubbing the tire).
Attachment method of bags to bracket: eoGEAR DTS (Dual Tab System, overlapping Velcro tabs)
Attachment method to saddles: eoGEAR alloy bracket (various models) attach to the rails of your saddle, which use a metal backplate with two allen bolts. They attach to most, but not all brands. See eogear.com/fit for details.
Minimum wheel clearance: 13cm (5-1/8") from horizontal part of saddle rail to top of wheel or fender — see photo above.
The fabric of this bag is waterproof, but due to stitching the bags, water may seep through the seams. We recommend using an internal dry bag for keeping critical items dry.
eoGEAR SKU # 2268-K00
Designed and Crafted in the USA