The size of the SafariSack is available in two color choices. Fill with poly beads, buckwheat hulls, rice, beans etc.
This is our smallest SafariSack™ sizes introduced in July of 2014.The original SafariSack™ has been in production for over ten years. It has been duplicated by others, but as they say, “copying is the highest form of flattery.” We felt it was time to tweak this timeless design. We have redesigned the large bag and now also offer a smaller version.
- Zippered compartment
- The bottom has a rubberized-style fabric that keeps the sack in place when placed on a vehicle or other slick surface.
- On the safari, it is can be used in the flat mode, on top of the Land Rover. With the sewn-in quick-release strap, it can be securely fastened to the rack on the top of the vehicle.
- Shooters traveling abroad take the empty version and fill it locally with rice, beans or bird seed. Then, upon completion of the shoot, dump the contents, returning home with a empty, compact bag.
- Constructed of a combination of 400-denier and 420-denier Diamond Ripstop nylon fabrics. These tough fabrics are supplemented by SlipNot, a rubberize-type fabric.
- Suitable for shorter lenses, up to approx. 200mm in length
- Sewn-in hand grab strap. Also use the Y208 (sold as an “add-on” with the old SafariSacks) will clip to the hand strap of this bag extending it for use when you want to use it as longer tie down to the top of a vehicle or as a narrow (20mm) shoulder strap.
- D-rings on the end for attaching nearly any shoulder strap or the optional Y215 (25mm wide) Unpadded Shoulder Strap.
If you want to purchase your own poly beads, they can be obtained at a hobby or craft store (i.e. Walmart, Hobby Lobby or Michaels). Poly beads are often used as doll filler or in making stuffed animals. Retail cost at Walmart is about $10 to $13 for 6 lbs. Rice, beans, bird seed, millet and cat litter are alternative fillers. Buckwheat hulls are also sold as "organic mulch" from garden suppliers.
Lately (starting in 2019), the buckwheat hulls we have been receiving from our supplier, have been very dusty, which seeps through the seams and zipper. Consequently, we have been using a plastic liner on the smaller SafariSacks, but the shape of this sack does not work with a liner, so we are not supplying this size with the buckwheat filler option.
The filler will make the inside of the bag dirty. It can be inverted and hand washed if desired. Drip dry.
Flat dimensions: 7.9 x 11"
Empty weight: 2.9 oz.
Poly filled weight (including the sack): 2 lbs. approx.
Buckwheat filled weight (including the sack): 8.5 oz. approx.
Recommended fill volume: 85 cu in or 1.5 qts.
Flat dimensions: 20 x 28 cm
Empty weight: 84 g
Poly filled weight (including the sack): 910 g approx.
Buckwheat filled weight (including the sack): 240 g approx.
Recommended fill volume: 1.4 liters
Empty SafariSack 1.4:
Black # R144-K
Khaki # R144-H
*The prices shown above include the following additional shipping fees for filled sacks; will-call orders or Amazon prime orders will not have this extra expense.
Buckwheat Filled SafariSack 1.4:
Black # R145-K (+$1.00*)
Khaki # R145-H (+$1.00*)
Polyethylene Filled SafariSack 1.4:
Black # R146-K (+$2.00*)
Khaki # R146-H (+$2.00*)
Designed and Crafted in USA