Converts a tripod bag or long lens case into a backpack. For people from approx. 5'10" (177cm) or shorter.
Visit this page for information on comparing different Kinesis harnesses. Check out this page to view how to fit a backpack to your body.
- Padded backpack-style harness constructed of thick 16mm (5/8") closed-cell foam.
- Outside is covered on the top with nonabrasive water-repellent 400D nylon pack cloth.
- Inside surface (which faces your body) is made from 3D mesh fabric, a soft Polyester moisture-wicking substrate.
- 2-way adjustable sternum strap.
- This harness does not come with straps for attaching a pouch or case to the front of your chest, but can be purchased separately. The H437 is for attaching a pouch or case with D-rings. The H436 is for attaching a naked DSLR (not in case) that utilizes the Kinesis quick-release system.
- A H130 strap is recommended when used with a long lens case & is automatically included.
This harness functions in two modes:
- Backpack Mode—converts a tripod or long lens case into a backpack (this is primary design of this harness). The H160 “back” adapter is NOT needed here.
- Suspender Mode (the H344 is less bulky and just as comfortable). It must be paired with a H160 is required and attaches to any padded Kinesis waist belt.
A waist belt (shown) is NOT required, but provides more stability. The front load or case invariably pulls down, which causes the back of the harness to go up.
Printable PDF Instructions
H245: ~ 270 g (9 oz.)
The length of padded portion of the harness is 36cm (14").
Old long lens case users note: These harnesses will attach to all current long lens cases. It will not attach to pre-2000 model cases which include L300, L302, L400, L402, L600, L602 or L603.
Note: if you order this product from a dealer, it will automatically include a H130 Long Lens Case to Harness Strap.