Available in two color choices. Fill with Poly beads, buckwheat hulls, rice, beans etc. A bladder or liner is NOT required.
This is the smaller of two SafariSack™ sizes introduced in July of 2014.The original SafariSack™ has been in production for over ten years. It has been duplicated by others, but as they say, “copying is the highest form of flattery.” We felt it was time to tweak this timeless design. We have redesigned the large bag and now also offer a smaller version.
- Zippered compartment — the filler can be dumped directly inside without the need for a liner.
- The bottom has a rubberized-style fabric that keeps the sack in place when placed on a vehicle or other slick surface.
- On the safari, it is can be used in the flat mode, on top of the RangeRover. With the sewn-in quick-release strap, it can be securely fastened to the rack on the top of the vehicle.
- Shooters traveling abroad take the empty version and fill it locally with rice, beans or bird seed. Then, upon completion of the shoot, dump the contents, returning home with a empty, compact bag.
- Constructed of a combination of 400-denier and 420-denier Diamond Ripstop nylon fabrics. These tough fabrics are supplemented by SlipNot, a rubberize-type fabric.
- Suitable for shorter lenses, up to approx. 200mm in length
- Sewn-in hand grab strap. Also use the Y208 (sold as an “add-on” with the old SafariSacks) will clip to the hand strap of this bag extending it for use when you want to use it as longer tie down to the top of a vehicle or as a narrow (20mm) shoulder strap.
- D-rings on the end for attaching nearly any shoulder strap or the optional Y215 (25mm wide) Unpdadded Shoulder Strap.
No liner is needed with this bag (unless filled with sand as a ballast). Simply dump filler directly inside — hold the bag vertically and fill (fill to about an inch below the zipper). Depending on the filler, the inside may get dirty. The bag can be inverted and hand washed if desired.
Flat dimensions: 7.9 x 11"
Empty weight: 2.9 oz.
Poly filled weight (including the sack): 2 lbs. approx.
Buckwheat filled weight (including the sack): 8.5 oz. approx.
Recommended fill volume: 85 cu in or 1.5 qts.
Flat dimensions: 20 x 28 cm
Empty weight: 84 g
Poly filled weight (including the sack): 910 g approx.
Buckwheat filled weight (including the sack): 240 g approx.
Recommended fill volume: 1.4 liters
If you want to purchase your own poly beads, they can be obtained at a hobby or craft store (i.e. Walmart, Hobby Lobby or Michaels). Poly beads are often used as doll filler or in making stuffed animals. Retail cost at Walmart is about $4 to $6 for 1 pound. Rice, beans, bird seed, millet and cat litter are alternative fillers. Buckwheat hulls are also sold as "organic mulch" from garden suppliers.
Designed and Crafted in USA