C380 — Small Holster Case
- Designed to fit a “medium-sized DSLR body” (i.e. 5D, 20D, D70 etc. w/o vertical grip) with “small lens” attached (18-55, 18-200/3.5-5.6, 24-105/4L, 28-135, 24-120, 24-70/2.8 etc.).* May be too large for “small-sized DSLRs” — see Field Report below. Choose the M330 bag instead.
- Utilizes the new, easier to use Kinesis Attachment Tab System (KATS) for attaching to a belt or for piggy-backing to larger cases.
- The front pocket will hold one shoe-mount flash unit or some prime lenses like a 50/1.4 with the hood attached & reversed.
- Does not include a shoulder strap or waist belt.
- Includes V102 Thin CameraCushion™ divider so bodies with shorter lenses can be used (the CameraCushion elevates the camera).
- The C380 is often used as a stand-alone product with a chest harness or tossed inside a large overnight backpack.
- By comparison, the larger C540, C600 and C850 cases are designed to hold a full-sized “pro” body. Some of these bodies are made larger with optional vertical grips.
- Each side of the holster has a row of webbing with slots sewn into it. This is for piggy-backing a lens pouch or other small Kinesis pouch. To stabilize the pouch, we recommend adding a Y305 strap (see detail photo). A Y208 will also work, but it doesn’t attach to the corners, but instead surrounds the whole case.
- We provice one pair of Siamese SlikClip buckles for attaching old style Kinesis TwinBuckle pouches to one side of the case. If you need additional Siamese SlikClips, they are available at cost, upon request. See detail photo.
- This case is the same height as the old C540 but feature a slimmer profile or depth. Probably the biggest difference between this case and other competing small-sized zoom cases on the market is that the bottom of this case is still adequate for those honker lens hoods of modern-day lenses (i.e. 24-70/2.8, 24-120/3.5, 28-135/3.5 IS etc.)
- I bought this gear for my wife, she has a Nikon D3300 which is quite a compact DSLR and the holster case is way too big for the camera. (Oct. 2014)
- The C380 is a very good fit for my Nikon D750 body, Nikon 24-120mm f/4G lens (with hood reversed) and Really Right Stuff L-Bracket attached to the body. Slightly snug but very workable. (Snug enough that I cannot make use of the thin camera cushion.) Helps reduce size and weight (slightly) compared to using my C540. (Oct 2017)
Top* = 3-3/4d x 7w"
Bottom = 4-1/2 x 4-1/2"
Height = 8.4"
Volume = 232 cu in (including 50 cu in front pocket, but excluding side pockets)
Weight = 12 oz.
Top* = 9.5d x 18w cm
Bottom = 11-1/2 x 11.5cm
Height = 21.5 cm
Volume = 3.8 lit (including 800 ml front pocket, but excluding side pockets)
Weight = 340g
*The “d” or depth dimension of the case corresponds to the “height” of your camera body (measuring from the tripod thread to the top of the prism or hot-shoe mount).
The “w” or width dimension corresponds to the width of your camera body (the left to right dimension as you are holding it up to shoot).
This case will yield a comfortable fit for a body up to 12cm (4-3/4") high or a tight fit for a body up to 13cm (5-1/8") high.
Designed and Crafted in USA