A634 — Reporter’s Waist Pack Kit
Save $2 to $5 with purchase of this bundled kit. Includes:
- A634 Reporters Waist Pack
- Version 2.0 has very minimal padding front & back (close out pricing)
- Version 3.0 is padded in the front & back
- V034 Divider Kit—Three moveable and removable padded dividers: i.e. 2 each V055 Small Dividers (for putting between lenses) & 1 each V025 Trap Door Divider (for stacking optics)
- Your choice of a Kinesis “Black Belt”
For the A634 not bundled as a kit, visit this page.
This is a minimally padded bag with numerous pockets and slots for mobile phone, sunglasses, lenses, camera bodies, business cards, coins, video tapes, checkbook, passport, airline ticket etc.
- A shoulder strap is not included, but the Y315 is recommended as a companion to this product.
- This bag was originally designed for non-optical items, but we had several requests from shooters who wanted to use it for stowing lenses and bodies, consequently, we started sewing in a piece of 10mm foam that covers the bottom and ends of the bag (version 2.0, April 2022). The front and back of the bag has a minimally-padded 3mm fabric (similar to some classic Domke bags). But the padding on the front and back does not offer the same protection as the Kinesis M330 or M550 multi-lens pouches.
Additionally, we offer dividers, which are moveable and removeable.
- The main zipper compartment uses a chemically-treated #8 YKK water-repellent zipper.
- The base model does not include interior dividers or a waist belt, but it fits on any Kinesis waistbelt or your own pants belt. No adapters are required. Check out the bundled kit here and save!
- Holds an iPad Mini or an analog Reporter’s Notebook.
- If you want more stability while being worn on a Kinesis belt, consider the Y306 Compression Strap or the Y208 Quick-release Strap would work. The latter has an inline quick-release buckle so you can quickly release the tension and then rebuckle to tighten it.
- Check out this 2021 review on Shutterbug
Please note that this bag is rather large and may not be suitable for people with a smaller build. (The overall width was originally designed around a Reporter’s Notebook and the height is determined by the height of a common US checkbook.)
KATS space occupied on a Kinesis belt: 2.5 modules or 200mm center to center.
7.5h x 11.75w x 4d" I.D.
Volume = 385 cu in
Weight = 10.5 oz
19h x 30w x 10d cm I.D.
Volume = 6.3 lit
Weight = 298 g
If you want a nice analog planner that fits perfectly in this bag, consider the Exacompta Space 24 (one week per spread) or the Moleskin Monthly Notebook (month per spread + tons of extra blank pages for notes etc.).
A634-X (called the “bundle” and includes a B107 Medium Black Belt, i.e. for dealer sales only)
A634-Y (called the “kit” and comes with Black Belt, size of your choice)
A634-Z (called the “set” and comes with a B206 Basic Belt [unpadded])
Designed and Crafted in USA