eoGEAR Hydra Chest Harness
This hydration chest pack was originally designed for ski mountaineering (aka SkiMo), but is also suitable for SUP, hiking or trail running.
- Chest module has three pockets:
- Zippered gusseted pocket for an avalanche beacon when skiing or for snacks when solo skiing (no beacon required) or when paddle boarding
- Zippered slip pocket for a smartphone
- Mesh pocket with an elastic drawcord for a hydration container
- This kit includes the 2703 SkiMo Chest Module (w/ 25mm [1"] over-the-shoulder webbing) attached to the 2581 Rear Y-Harness.
- Also included is an adapter for mounting your GPS or fitness watch in front (useful when skiing with gloves with long gauntlets).
- The front module is adjustable vertically with cam buckle (that doesn’t slip out of adjustment).
- The torso strap of the Y-Harness has elastic built-in to provide some give while exercising and breathing hard.
- The base price DOES NOT include hydration container, available separately.
For Ski Use: The problem with alpine touring is that your water bottle is buried in your pack and inaccessible. Carrying it on the outside of the pack, typically on the left shoulder strap, as with skimo racers, is problematic as the bottle can freeze. Also, carrying a smartphone for taking photos in an outside pocket of a jacket kills the battery life. Placing both of these elements near your chest alleviates this problem. And since most skiers carry a beacon on their chest, my thought was “let’s combine everything together,” as this product replaces the beacon harness customarily carried.
For SUP or Running Use: If your smartphone is IPX 6/7 rated you can carry it in the phone compartment without fear as it is designed to take a dunking. Where the avalanche beacon is shown, snacks or nutrition can be placed there...or your car keys.
Fits a typical-sized avalanche beacon, a moderate-sized smartphone (iPhone X shown) and a hydration container up to 600 mL (20 oz.)
Fits most athletes from about
165cm to 196cm (5' 5" to 6' 5")
eoGEAR SKU # 2703-RYH