eoGEAR Large Bolt-on Bag
This top tube bag will only attach onto bicycles that have a pair of female water bottle threads on the top side of the top tube. This is typically found on gravel bikes and some hybrid or road bikes.
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets: An exterior zipper pocket for small accessories like cash, I.D. etc., and then an inside slip pocket for small battery or other flat items.
- At the front of the bag is a weather protected cord port hood to facilitate charging your GPS or light from an inside battery.
- A rubber-like frame pad is provided which you will want to slip between the bag and your frame to prevent the grommets from scratching your frame.
- Two alloy washers are provided. Place them on the inside of the bag.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (unlike most other manufacturers which use a smaller, less durable #4 or #5).
- This bag will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with vertically adjustable hook & loop strap for around the stem and it has two bolt holes for attaching to your bike frame.
- Available only in all black
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- 3mm closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail. Additional padding on the sides too which provide rigidity to the bag.
- Optional bolts though most bikes come with them installed (M5 x 15mm Button Head)
This is the exact same size bag as the Large Century Bag, version 4.0 (to be released in July 2023).
Currently, this is no standard amongst bicycles on how much the bolt setback is from back edge of the stem to the center of the first bolt hole. This bag has two adjustment possibilities: one at 75mm or 105mm setback. Because it is a soft bag it will adapt easily to frames smaller or larger than this. See product photos for more details.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film or ISC so-called “helicopter” tape to your top tube.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive Fuel Container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Vinyl Wallet (# 4915)
- Use the Top Tube Extension Straps for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
- The maximum size smartphone, including the case, that will fit in this bag, is 168mm long x 87mm wide (6-5/8 x 3-3/8"). Otherwise, we recommend the X-Large Century Bag instead (SKU # 2008).
- This bag fits the following: all flip phones, standard iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, 14 etc. Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case or many larger “pro sized” iPhones w/o a case.* A regular-sized iPhone X with a slim case will barely fit in next to the Fuel Container.
- *A slim or “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 8 to 10mm (up 3/8") to the total outside dimensions of a naked phone.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, where one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Weight: 114 g (4.0 oz.)
Volume: 870 ml (50 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (center of the bag at the widest point): 10.0h x 20.5w x 5d* cm (3.9h x 7.9w x 1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: Add about a cm or ¾" to the above dimensions.
*This dimension is at the center as the bag width tapers from 3.75–6cm (1.5–2.4").
This bag attaches to any top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you are using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446). They can also be used on the stem strap of any our top tube bags, but typically that strap is more than long enough for the common 1-⅛" (28.6mm) threadless stems.
eoGEAR SKU # 2011-L1K
Designed and Crafted in USA