eoGEAR Rolltop Handlebar Bag 8.2
This bag is part of the eoGEAR RandoBag family — a modular system for the self-sufficient cyclist or randonneur. This bag features an easy-to-use roll-top “dry bag style” opening with one large compartment and two side pockets. Standard color is black with gray sides. Other colors by request. It must be used with an eoGEAR saddle bracket or handlebar adapter.
- The bag is very compressible — once you have removed a lot of the contents, i.e. clothing (i.e. night riding), the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don't rattle around, similar to an internal-frame backpack.
- Two exterior pockets: one mesh pocket which is large enough for a bike bottle. Zippered 3D pocket on the other side.
- It is constructed of a combination of 6.5 oz. 420-denier Nylon Diamond Ripstop and 420D pack cloth. Both have a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags.
- The pocket uses heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper
- Gray-colored webbing used for the compression strap for easy of use in dim light
- RandoBags like this model, use the exclusive eoGEAR DTS attachment method (Dual Tab System — two strong Velcro straps that double over each other). The bracket, which the bags attach to is also MOLLE compatible.
- Reflective tape on the sides and rear of the bag
- Webbing loops for attaching an optional shoulder strap.
- Click on photos for more details and explanation of features
- Also visit the owners personal blog page for the design background of why he created this series of bags
- This bag mounts to handlebars with the 2323 Clamp-on Handlebar Bracket.
Rants & Raves
“Thanks for a terrific product! Finally a bag system that holds as much stuff as a rack, but without the rack! I really like that the bag doesn't rub against my thighs, even though I mount the bag on the front of the board.” (D.W. from Davis, Calif., Sept. 2011 regarding the 6.8 bag).
Weight (empty bag w/o bracket): 366 g (13.0 oz.); w/ Clamp-on Bracket: 634 g (1 lb. 6.5 oz.); w/ 2354 Soft-side Handlebar Adapter: 429 g (15.2 oz.)
The bag internal framesheet is held in place with Velcro and can be removed for a weight savings of 41 g (1.5 oz.).
Volume: 7.7 liters for the main compartment plus .5 liter for the zippered pocket = 8.2 liters, hence the product name “8.2.” That is with two full folds on the top extension sleeve. By folding it only once or no folds at all, you can gain almost another liter of volume. The mesh pocket holds about 700ml of volume and is not part of this calculation.
Bag Dimensions (HxWxD): 39* x 17 x 12.5cm (15.3* x 6.7 x 5.0") excluding the outside pocket. *With the top rolled over twice.
Attachment method of bags to bracket: eoGEAR DTS (Dual Tab System)
Clearance required (from the center of the handlebar to the top of your front tire or fender...allow for any suspension compression)—
Using the SoftSide Adapter: 19cm (7.5")
Using the Clamp-on Bracket: 17cm (6-¾") when the bag is attached to the upper position of the bracket, or 19cm (7-½" when the bag is attached to the lower position (slightly more stable).
eoGEAR SKU # 3482-KIT including the 2354 SoftSide Adapter
Designed and Crafted in the USA