eoGEAR Rolltop SeatBag™ 12.0
Our first bikepacking-specific bag! This saddlebag is part of the eoGEAR SeatBag family — a saddle-mounted bag for the self-sufficient bikepacker or roadie. It is our largest bike bag featuring an easy-to-use roll-top “dry bag style” opening with one large compartment. Currently available only in a black and gray. Custom colors available upon request.
Several features set this bag apart from others:
- Saddle Rail Bar (SRB) feature. We use a small piece of aircraft aluminum (6061-T6) combined with some pieces of strong nylon webbing and Velcro for securing the bag to the rails of your saddle. No separate bracket is required.
- Gussets on the side panels to facilitate easier rolling up the bag.
- E-Z one Y-strap closing system on the rear of the bag.
- Reflective tape on the sides and rear for roadie use.
- Bottom webbing “skid plate.” Extra insurance, in the event the bag rubs onto your rear tire.
- eoGEAR Dual Tab System (DTS, MOLLE compatible) — webbing slots for attaching or “piggy-backing” smaller pouches onto either side or the top of this bag for more capacity and to aid in organizing your gear (photos coming!)
- Attaches to nearly all saddles without the need for a separate bracket.
- The bag is very compressible — once you have removed a lot of the contents, i.e. clothing (i.e. night riding), the bag squishes down, so the remaining contents don't rattle around.
- Constructed of a combination of 1000-denier, 6.5 oz. 420-denier Nylon Diamond Ripstop and 400D pack cloth. All have a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags.
- Silver-colored webbing used for the compression strap for easy of use in dim light
- Also visit the owners personal blog page for the design background of why he created this series of bags
Saddle & Frame Compatibility
You will need 24cm (9-1/2") of clearance from the bottom of your saddle rails to the top of your rear tire. See eogear.com/fit for details.
Weight: 446 g (15.7 oz.)
Volume: 12 liters (730 cu in) with the the ends rolled or folded twice.
Bag Dimensions (HxWxD): coming
Bag attaches to two points on your bike: 1) Saddle, Rail Rebar Attachment (RRA) system & 2) Seatpost: 50mm (2") Velcro/webbing around the seatpost, layered with a sticky rubber-like fabric.
eoGEAR SKU # 3120-GIA
The fabric of this bag is waterproof, but due to stitching the bags, water may seep through the seams. We recommend using an internal dry bag for keeping critical items dry.
Designed and Crafted in the USA