eoGEAR Small Century Bag
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, tandem, recumbent, gravel grinder or cross. This model is just a tiny bit smaller than the popular Medium Century Bag (by about 12mm or 1/2") — it does not have the side pockets that the larger bags have.
- Attaches to the top tube and stem of bicycle
- One compartment which will hold most “standard sized” smart phones, even with a beefy case on them (iPhone 4 or 5 and most Android models)
- Main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive fuel container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- Zipper can be operated with one hand.
- Exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth or 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric (with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric — we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (unlike most other manufactures which use a smaller, less durable #4 or #5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- Bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (no elastic that will allow bag to flop around)
- Available in black only
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding.
- Light 4mm foam padding on bottom for protection of contents against vibrations of road or trail.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film or ISC so-called “helicopter” tape to your top tube.
This bag fits the following: all flip phones, iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6, 6S, Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case. A Samsung Galaxy Note 3 or 4 with a very small, minimalist case will fit.* The iPhone 6+ will fit, but it is very snug and not recommended. A “minimalist-sized” case usually means it adds only 1 to 2mm to each of dimension of a naked phone. Or, in other words, a phone & case up to approx. 153mm x 80mm (6.0 x 3.1") is the maximum size that will fit in this bag.
*These phones with a very minimal case fit inside this bag, when titled at a slight angle. One must exercise care when closing the zipper so it doesn’t catch the corner of the phone and scratch it. Otherwise, we recommend the 2009 Top Tube Brevet Bag instead.
Independent Product Review
Also see this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, where one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours, it necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Weight: 73 g (2.6 oz.)
Volume: 630 ml (38 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag): 10h x15w x 4.5d cm (3.9h x 5.9w x1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: 11.0h x15.5w x 4.7d cm (4.3h x 6.1w x 1.85d")
Fits a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger than typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps.
eoGEAR SKU # 2007-K00, formerly listed as the Century Bag Lite.
Designed and Crafted in USA