F169 — Large Grad Filter Pouch
- Filter pouch for attaching to a belt or tripod. Includes a removable divider set.
- Holds up to 10 rectangular filters up to 100x150mm (4x6") in size such as the Singh-Ray, Lee or Cokin P series.
- Also suitable for a mixture of rectangular and round glass filters.
- Features thin 2mm soft polyester fabric dividers with an extra layer of 6mm closed-cell foam padding in the front and back of the pouch.
- Removable hand grab strap which can fit unto camera bag strap or around tripod (can be extended longer with the addition of the Y208 strap).
- Utilizes the new Kinesis Attachment Tab System (KATS) for attaching to a belt or for piggy-backing to larger cases. Will also attach to a non-Kinesis generic belt up to 50mm (2").
- If you wish to have a smaller capacity pouch, consider purchasing the A200 which will hold 4–6 filters enclosed inside their protective cases.
- The front and back of the pouch is lined with 6mm closed-cell foam.
- To identify your filters, consider the purchase of the optional F012 “write on” I.D. Tabs (i.e. with an Extra Fine Sharpie).
- Developed with the cooperation of Singh-Ray Filters and Don Smith (check out his cool workshops).
NOTE: Some photogs like to keep their rectangular resin filters in their individual vinyl cases. They will fit inside this pouch, but only if the vinyl case is 100x150mm or smaller. Also consider the smaller Kinesis F103 smaller pouch instead (link to the upper right).
P series (84 x 120mm): The F169 was designed specifically for the Singh-Ray Galen Rowell or Cokin “P” size filters with or without the individual protective pouch.
4x6" (100 x 150mm): The F169 will hold these filters without the individual protective pouch.
Cokin X-Pro (130 x 155mm): The width will fit this case is OK (w/o the individual filter case), but the top (long edge) does poke up about 10mm (3/8") above the top edge of the dividers. Despite this, the pouch closes as the lid is soft enough to compensate for the extra height.
LEE SW150 system (150x170mm filters): The F169 is too small for this size. Check out the Lee SW150 Field Pouch instead through B&H or a local dealer. If you want to attach this pouch to a Kinesis belt, then a Kinesis B590 strap will be required.
We have had a few isolated reports, after long term storage, of people getting a thin film or coating showing up on their filters. It is unclear whether this is an outgassing from the fabric of the divider, or simply humidity from storage in a non-watertight envelope. Our solution is to remove the inner divider (it Velcro’s to the bottom) and hand wash it with a tiny bit of dish soap (or run it on delicate cycle in your clothes washer). Rinse it well and then just let it drip dry, but do not run it through your clothes drier.
KATS Space Occupied: 1.5 modules (the horizontal space required by the Kinesis Attachment Tab System [KATS] on a Kinesis belt or case).
5h x7.5w x 3d" I.D.
Volume (pouch w/o dividers) = 98 cu in
Weight = 10.0 oz
12.5h x 19w x 7.5d cm I.D.
Volume (pouch w/o dividers) = 1.6 lit
Weight = 283 g