eoGEAR Medium Century Bag
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, gravel, cross, tandem or recumbent. (Tandems of “bents” may require a pair of optional extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.)
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag. On one side is a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc. On the other side of version 2.0 is an exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories or with version 3.0, it has an inside slip pocket.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (unlike most other manufactures which use a smaller, less durable #4 or #5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- This bag will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Available in various colors
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- 3mm closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
Version 3.0 Improvements
- It is the same length as version 2.0 except we modified the curve of the main zipper to accommodate slightly larger phones.
- It now has tapered profile (narrower at back toward near your knees).
- Instead of a mesh pocket on the outside, we added a sleek “slip pocket” on the inside. There were isolated complaints of the mesh pocket rubbing against people’s knees.
- In conjunction with the inside “slip pocket” we added a covered cable port, ideal for stowing an external battery for your light or GPS.
- In addition to foam padding on the bottom, the side walls on the 3.0 also have foam padding providing a slightly more rigid bag.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film or so-called ISC “helicopter” tape to your top tube.
- A Spacer Pad only works with the newer style, version 3.0.
It provides some space between the bag and bolts of your stem. It facilitates larger phones if yours is barely going to fit. Some people find the steering is smoother with this, but it is strictly optional (# 2459). If your stem sits really high on the fork, with a bunch of spacers, then a Spacer Pad is not really needed.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive Fuel Container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Vinyl Wallet (# 4915)
- Tandems or “bents” may require a pair of our Extension Straps (#2446) for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
- The maximum size phone, including the case, that will fit in this bag is 160mm long x 80mm wide (6-1/4 x 3-1/8"). Slightly wider phones may fit and work only when titled at a slight angle. A shorter, more boxy phone, i.e. ~ 150 x 85mm will also fit. Otherwise, we recommend the X-Large Century Bag (SKU # 2008) or our largest top tube bag, the Top Tube Brevet Bag (SKU # 2009) instead.
*A slim or “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 8 to 10mm to the total outside dimensions of a naked phone.
Independent Product Review
See this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, where one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Version 2.0 (3.0 is similar but slightly wider at the front, near the stem and the volume of the main compartment is slightly more).
Weight: 87 g (3.1 oz.)
Volume: 850 ml (49 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 10.5h x 18.5w x 4.4d cm (3.9h x 7.3w x 1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: 11.5h x19w x 4.7d cm (4.5h x 7.50w x 1.85d")
This bag attaches to a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you are using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446). An extender strap can also be used on the stem strap of any our top tube bags, but typically that strap is more than long enough for the common 1-⅛" (28.6mm) threadless stems.
eoGEAR SKU # 2006-M3K (black), 2006-M3G (gray), 2006-M3R (red) etc.
Designed and Crafted in USA