This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, gravel, cross, tandem or recumbent. (Tandems of “bents” may require a pair of optional extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.)
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (unlike most other manufactures which use a smaller, less durable #4 or #5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- This bag will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Available in various colors
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- 3mm closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film or so-called ISC “helicopter” tape to your top tube.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive Fuel Container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Vinyl Wallet (# 4915)
- Use the Top Tube Extension Straps for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
- The maximum size phone, including the case, that will fit in this bag is 160mm long x 80mm wide (6-1/4 x 3-1/8"). Slightly wider phones may fit and work only when titled at a slight angle. A shorter, more boxy phone, i.e. ~ 150 x 85mm will also fit. Otherwise, we recommend the X-Large Century Bag (SKU # 2008) or our largest top tube bag, the Top Tube Brevet Bag (SKU # 2009) instead.
- This bag fits the following: all flip phones, iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6, 7, 8, X or Xs; Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case.* An iPhone 6+, 7+ or 8+ will barely fit inside this bag but only without it’s case.
*A slim or “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 8 to 10mm to the total outside dimensions of a naked phone.
Independent Product Review
See this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, where one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Weight: 87 g (3.1 oz.)
Volume: 850 ml (49 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 10.5h x 18.5w x 4.4d cm (3.9h x 7.3w x 1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: 11.5h x19w x 4.7d cm (4.5h x 7.50w x 1.85d")
This bag attaches to a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you are using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446). An extender strap can also be used on the stem strap of any our top tube bags, but typically that strap is more than long enough for the common 1-⅛" (28.6mm) threadless stems.
eoGEAR SKU # 2006-K02 (black), 2006-G02 (gray), 2006-R02 (red) etc. Note that this product is version 2.0.
Designed and Crafted in USA