eoGEAR Large Century Bag
Our most popular size.
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, gravel, cross, tandem* or recumbent*.
- The main zipper can be operated with one hand while riding.
- In addition to the main compartment, there are two pockets, one on each side of the bag: An exterior mesh pocket (version 3.0) with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories and a zippered fabric pocket for cash, I.D. etc.
- The exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (unlike most other manufacturers which use a smaller, less durable #4 or #5). It opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external battery packs for powering your light or GPS.
- This bag will hold one or two tubes, two CO2 cartridges, a small tool and a couple of tire levers.
- The bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (we don’t use elastic that will stretch out over time).
- Available in various colors
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- 3mm closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail (version 4.0 also has padding on the sides).
Version 4.0 is coming in August of 2023
- It is the same size as version 3.0 except we modified the curve of the main zipper to accommodate larger phones and it now has tapered shape (narrower at back toward near your knees).
- Instead of a mesh pocket on the outside, we added a sleek “slip pocket” on the inside. There were isolated complaints of the mesh pocket rubbing against people’s knees.
- In conjunction with the inside “slip pocket” we added a covered cable port, ideal for stowing an external battery for your light or GPS.
- In addition to foam padding on the bottom, the side walls on the 4.0 also have foam padding providing a slightly more rigid bag.
For the wacky Crazy Quilt color scheme, we take scraps of fabric, that otherwise might get tossed, and hand cut them for use in this bag (aka upcycling). The color mixtures are totally random. This hand cutting does requiring more labor, hence the increased cost. For roadie use, we like the bright colors and increased visibility which most of these bags will provide!
- Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees, especially while standing up to pedal.
- We have had isolated reports of paint rubbing off caused from the straps or fabric on this bag. You may want to apply a piece of clear frame protection film, ISC or so-called “helicopter” tape to your top tube or stem.
- A Spacer Pad provides some space between the bag and bolts of your stem. Some people find the steering is smoother with this, but it is strictly optional (# 2459). If your stem sits really high on the fork, with a bunch of spacers, then a Spacer Pad is not really needed.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive Fuel Container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional Liberty Mountain Vinyl Wallet (# 4915)
- Tandems or “bents” may require a pair of our #2446 Extension Straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
Phone Compatibility (version 3.0)
- The maximum size smartphone, including the case, that will fit in this bag, is 168mm long x 87mm wide (6-5/8 x 3-3/8"). Otherwise, we recommend the X-Large Century Bag instead (SKU # 2008).
- This bag fits the following: all flip phones, standard iPhone X, 11, 12, 13, 14 etc. Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case or many larger “pro sized” iPhones w/o a case.* A regular-sized iPhone X with a slim case will barely fit in next to the Fuel Container.
*A slim or “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 8 to 10mm (up 3/8") to the total outside dimensions of a naked phone.
Independent Product Review
See this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, where one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
These bags attaches to any top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you are using a tandem or recumbent with larger-than-typical top tube tube size, then purchase the optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps (# 2446). They can also be used on the stem strap of any our top tube bags, but typically that strap is more than long enough for the common 1-⅛" (28.6mm) threadless stems.Version 3.0
Weight (standard colors): 88 g (3.5 oz.)
Weight (Crazy Quilt colors): approx. 88 g (3.5 oz.); some will weigh more due to the heavier “upcycled” fabrics that are used.
Volume: 870 ml (50 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag at the widest point): 10.5h x 20.0w x 4.4d cm (3.9h x 7.9w x 1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: 11.5h x 21.0w x 4.7d cm (4.5h x 8.25w x 1.85d")
Weight: 104 g (3.7 oz.)
Volume: 870 ml (50 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (center of the bag at the widest point): 10.0h x 20.5w x 5d* cm (3.9h x 7.9w x 1.75d")
Outside Dimensions: Add about a cm or ¾" to the above dimensions.
*This dimension is at the center as the bag width tapers from 3.75–6cm (1.5–2.4").
eoGEAR Version 3.0: SKU # 2006-LQ3 (Crazy Quilt), 2006-LG3 (gray), 2006-LR3 (red), 2006-LK3 (black), etc. Version 4.0: 2006-LQ4, 2006-LG4 (gray), 2006-LR4 (red) etc.
Designed and Crafted in USA