eoGEAR Medium Century Bag
This top tube bag will attach to nearly any bicycle: road, mountain, urban, tandem*, recumbent*, gravel grinder or cross. This model, available in many colors, has two exterior pockets, in addition to the main compartment.
*Tandems may require a pair of extender straps for the bottom Velcro-like straps as the top tubes of these bicycles are larger in diameter.
- Zippers can be operated with one hand
- Secondary exterior mesh pocket with quick-access Velcro closure for small accessories
- Exterior of the bag constructed of rugged 400-denier Nylon Pack cloth & 420-denier Ripstop Nylon fabric, with a water-repellent coating on the inside of the fabric (we don’t use cheap polyester fabrics like some imported bags).
- The main compartment has heavy-duty #8 water-repellent zipper (opens from the front, so you can use it for stowing an external light battery packs).
- Bag attaches with three hook & loop straps (no elastic that will stretch out over time)
- Available in various colors
- Reflective strips on each side for use in dim light or night riding
- Light 6mm closed-cell foam padding on bottom for protection of electronics against vibrations of road or trail.
WARNING—Some cyclists do not like having a bag on the top tube as it may interfere with their knees while standing up to pedal.
- The main compartment is sized to hold our exclusive Fuel Container (# 2451) — no more messy food in your jersey pockets
- The outside zippered pocket is specifically designed to hold the optional LM Vinyl Wallet (# 4915)
- Top Tube Extension Straps (for tandems or recumbents, which have a larger diameter top tube (# 2446)
- The maximum size phone & case that will fit in this bag is 140mm x 70mm (5.5 x 2.75"), which is a tight fit and works only when titled at a slight angle. A longer phone, that is skinnier, i.e. ~ 150 x 60mm will also fit. Otherwise, we recommend the Large Century Bag (SKU 2008) instead.
- This bag fits the following: all flip phones, iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 6, 7, Samsung Galaxy S, 3, 4 or S5 all with a “normal-sized” case.* The iPhone 6+ will not fit inside this bag unless the front “stem” strap is loosened a lot, which will make the bag slightly wobbly.
*A “minimalist-sized” case is one that adds 3 to 4mm to the total outside dimensions.
Independent Product Review
Also see this review from Bicycle Times magazine.
On longer brevets or double-centuries, one is frequently riding in the early morning or evening hours which necessitates wearing a jacket covering your jersey pockets — this bag serves as a practical substitute for stowing and accessing the gear or food that is commonly kept there.
Weight: 88 g (3.1 oz.)
Volume: 750 ml (46 cu in)
Inside Dimensions (bottom of the bag): 10h x17w x 4.5d cm (3.9h x 6.7w x1.75d")
Fits a top tube with a circumference up to 18cm (7"). If you using a tandem or recumbent with larger than typical tube size, then purchase our optional Top Tube Bag Extender Straps.
eoGEAR SKU # 2006
Designed and Crafted in USA